Friday 23 March 2012

Digipak- CD Cover

This post will show the front and back CD cover for my digipak as well as the design on the CD itself. I will then be explaining why I chose the design I did. I took these photos with the intention of using them for my digipak and edited them using Photoshop.

The image shown below is the ancillary task part one the front cover of my CD. The image shows the band members as the clear focus with them sitting down. This gives the cover a serious and professional look which links to the seriousness portrayed in the bands music. In contrast to the back cover this is lighter and even though there is still a dark background the image is of a brighter nature with the lighting used for the image however the band members juxtapose this bright background. The font is also clearly shown by putting it on a darker background so that it clearly stands out.



The net image shown below is ancillary task part two the back cover of my CD. This is a basic design however I feel that it is very effective and meets its intended purpose. The band members are clearly shown as the main subject with the lower section of the cover a plain black background. However the top half is lighter and it seems like a light is shining on the band to reveal them. This can also be seen as the moonlight which can be linked to the song 'Midnight Wanderer'. The band members appear more relaxed here which juxtaposes the dark and serious background.


The image below shows the actual CD and the design that will be on the CD. This is a basic design with the black background which makes the writing the focus of the CD and I also added the lines to give the design a slight edge as if it was just the writing on the black background it would be too plain.

The image above shows the actual CD and the design that will be on the CD. This is a basic design with the black background which makes the writing the focus of the CD and I also added the lines to give the design a slight edge as if it was just the writing on the black background it would be too plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment